STEP-BY-STEP TO CLOSE A VERTICAL SPREAD ORDER
OPEN TASTYWORKS Desktop Trading Platform
DESKTOP Trading Platform
HOW TO PLACE A CLOSING VERTICAL SPREAD ORDER
#1. Click on “Positions” (upper left, main menu screen)
#2. List of all options you own.
Click on stock symbol you want to close.
3. Both bid and ask legs of vertical spread will come up on a gray background.
4. RIGHT click in the center of the two legs
5. Drop down menu comes up – select “Close”.
6. 2nd drop down menu comes up – select “Full”.
REVIEW AND SEND
1. Screen will come up with all information on closing your spread.
2. On the main screen will be Expiration Date, Bid, Ask and Premium
– all the information you entered to place your order.
3. At the bottom, left, “Order” with number of
contracts and close information.
4. Bottom, center, is the Premium price to close order
(which will be calculated “mid” price.)
Decide if you want to accept the “mid” price or change it
(using the arrows)to your calculated price premium.
5. Above mid premium price is: “Max Profit” amount; and “Max Loss” amount.
Click on “REVIEW AND SEND”:
1. Above “Send Order” will be “Type”
2. “TIF: Day” (Drop down menu to choose “Day”)
3. “Est. Cost (-transaction cost):
Write all this information on the following form !!
(Information will disappear when you click “Send”)
CLOSE – Stock Price $____
Max Profit $______
Max Loss $_______
Type: Net Credit: $____
Est. Cost: Credit $_______
1. If everything looks okay – click “Send Order”.
2. To the right of the review information is:
“Working” (W) or “Filled”(F) or “Cancelled” (C).
3. Your order will be listed with a “W”,
the stock symbol and pertinent information.
4. At end of trading day:
there will be a “F” if order was filled; if not,
the W and stock symbol will disappear and you
still own spread.
Please scroll way down to:”How to Calculate Vertical Spread Profit & Loss, Lesson #14
BELOW: Stock Pick Analyzed: “Sexy Siren Hanging Around Starbucks”
Each week I analyze a HOT stock/option pick, with a touch of animated humor, to help you decide on an underlying stock, as well as review Call and Put opening Spread orders,
I explore behind the scenes influence on the stock price – facts for the savvy trader Mom to overpower the Wall Street bull and make extra money part time! (free, no cost ever)
To see last week’s “Hot Pick” – CLICK HERE
And if you’d like to receive great behind-the-scenes tips each week, just fill in the blanks to let me know where to send them :
We’re Moms Who Trade Options to make money, Barb